Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Urban Herbivore

I've experimented with a few vegan options in the past week, and I have to say, it's surprisingly good. As one who is new to the vegan food scene, it's been a bit difficult to find really good options, aside from maybe the tofu at asian fast food takeout, or a salad. In a quest to live up to the Tony Horton/p90x standards (a workout routine) of whole grains and lean protein, I've been on the hunt for plant material.

At Urban Herbivore, I found a variety of sandwich and 'bowl' options,  my favorite being the BBQ Tofu sandwich. It's incredibly savory, so it doesn't taste "too healthy" (you know that grassy taste?), and you feel satisfied, and light after. I love sitting on their patio on a nice summer day shaded by trees in Kensington. It's also excellent for people watching.

Oh, and they offer freshly squeezed juices. Which is my new addiction to replace my old caffeine addiction. Just saying, it's pretty delicious.

Jen
64 Oxford Street at Spadina and College
from 9am until sunset

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, sounds delicious,

    I want to go check em out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it there :). they have awesome salads (that usually do not involve lettuce) too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @melodie: yah you won't regret it =)

    @ally: their salads did look pretty good, and massive. perhaps that's next on the list to try.

    ReplyDelete