Thursday, April 19, 2012

cherry blossoms at high park

Cherry blossoms at High Park is the blooming of the Sakura trees that lasts for about one week during the spring. The path to the lake is canopied in flower blossoms, and it's like being in a Disney movie. You'll notice A LOT of (Asian) people posing, which is oddly part of the whole experience. Of course there are people of all types of people, including some dressed in blazers and high heels, which leads me to believe they take the photos very seriously, or they just haven't been to a lot of parks. I wouldn't put it past anyone.

It's great being around happy and loving people. C'mon, there are even swans! I highly recommend it.

Micheline, a local of High Park, enjoying the beautiful weather:
 

<3, 
Jen.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I love the ducks bum picture! (seriously) The picture is so clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks ally! I thought it was pretty cute. i didn't expect anyone else to like it though =)

      Delete
  2. I just noticed for the first time this year that cherry blossoms have an actual scent - a bit like bitter almonds and cherries and a wee bit like peonies... Your photos are so magical, I can almost smell them from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree, the cherry blossoms have kind of a faint and unexpected scent. thanks for your kind words about my photos =)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous pictures. I went to the week it bloomed with my mom once. Parking was impossible.

    ReplyDelete