Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hoop Jam at the Danforth

I was invited to a 'Hoop Jam' at the Danforth by Ish,my partner in crime. It's not always common to find a sense of community in Toronto, but it's totally unusual (in an awesome way) for me as a city dweller to see families, adults, and kids gathering to dance in the park. Ish introduced to me the community, and we ended up talking about online dating, cupcakes, kids, and food. It's a kind reminder that life is about the simple things.

Amidst the trees, people of all skill levels and ages were dancin' to some deep house music.

 

And then you look a bit more carefully, and you realize that hooping is as unique as the dancers. Check out partner hooping:
 Multi-tasking:
Multi-hoop action:
Oh yah, and check out these rainbow cupcakes by Amy of CupCakeBot:
 I tried the gigantic hoop above they named 'butter' (pronounced 'butta'), and I can see why it's easy to get lost in the flow:
Thank you to the amazing group who welcomed me, and all the best to you as a positive force in the community:

<3, 
Jen.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by and blogging about our event Jennifer. If anyone is interested in taking hoop classes, joining us at jams or booking performances throughtout the GTA - checkout www.wellroundedhoops.com

    ReplyDelete