Monday, July 9, 2012

Canada Day!

I spent Canada Day last week with my friends watching the Eurocup (... not going to lie, almost every time Spain scored, I was busy talking to someone and watched all the epic moments in the replay. Diehard fan, indeed.). We then tried to find the Pride parade, only to find out that it ended before the game did. But the day was not lost! We headed over to Woodbine beach, which in my 10 years of being in Canada, has been one of my favorite ways to spend the day.

The most magical part is the fireworks that filled my whole view of the night sky. We also played volleyball, pushed each other into the cold Lake Ontario, and attempted small human pyramids,which my friend affectionately refers to as the slave drive.


AND did you know that we do cool displays in Toronto? There was a gigantic fountain in the day time, and at night, the Canadian flag was projected onto it, so it looked like it was a holographic flag waving in the breeze.

I don't usually feel extreme patriotism (I think this is a mark of being Canadian, no?) but I was quite content to be Canadian.
Fountain during the day.
Fountain during the night. Cool, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment