Monday, May 30, 2011

Mother's Day, Belated

Mother’s Day took place a few weeks ago. I came across an awesome book I saw at the Drake General Store called My Mom, Style Icon, which started as a wonderful blog documenting old pictures of mothers in all their amazing outfits. The tagline is ‘Their style was born before we were’ <3

It reminded me of a photograph of my mom that I always keep on my desk. She is 17 here, achingly beautiful and visibly vibrant. The year is 1972, she is in medical school about to marry her medical school professor (my lucky dad!) and move to a new country. I keep it on my desk as a reminder that if I were to be even half of what she is, then I am set for life.

And so, this is how this little personal project came to life, along with the help of Jen who truly captured the essence. As the years go by, it will be interesting to look back on this and wonder about the many similarities and many differences.


Starting your week with a touch of nostalgia,

Ish

1 comment:

  1. lovely. thanks for sharing! <3 your mom is so stunning too

    ReplyDelete