Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm on a plane!

A few weeks ago, I was invited to a plane ride by my friend Andrew, who is a pilot, lawyer, and accountant. Not to mention soon-to-be doctor, anthropologist, musician, and first man with orange sunglasses in space. I have a massive fear of heights, so this whole fun-in-the-sky thing was totally nerve wrecking. I'm quite proud that all of my undigested food stayed in my stomach. 
It's not the same at all when your plane takes off at Pearson and you get a quick glimpse. We were 2000 ft in the air, and the ride makes Toronto look like a jungle - we're have so many trees!
Yonge Street near subway stops - St.Clair, Rosedale, etc
My favorite part of the ride was the Inception moment. In the plane (Golf November Delta Foxtrot), on the count of three, the plane went into freefall. The pen that I was holding floated in mid-air. It was like Inception. This really went well with my fear of heights.
The ride was incredibly eye opening and one of the most beautiful experiences of the summer.


Jen.

3 comments:

  1. I love this!!
    Such an amazing account of what flying is like. I remember how awesome it was when I fist went up into the sky. I got to fly for like 5 min and it was such a surreal experience.

    I really like the way you explain it and all the wonderful pictures.

    AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks melodie! =) it was truly exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete