Monday, July 11, 2011

50 Years of Art - cool art work Part 1

The 50 Years of Art show is an outdoor art show held by the City of Toronto in Nathan Phillips square. It seemed like at every other booth was a painting of the barren Canadian snow landscape, but there were some very cool eye-candy as well.

Pipe and Punty Glass Art by Miia Virtasalmi
The sculpture in the header above was hand made by Miia. By passers commented it reminded them of Mario's world. She's known for fun, colorful and surreal glass sculptures. She makes food, mushrooms, eggs, nests and hearts out of glass. Here is some of her work below:
Yum.
Grace's booth was my favorite overall design. It was so clean, white, and soft. I felt like I was on a island. Her designs look like they're going to slither off the thin, white ceramic.

TinType Studio - Photography
The Toronto-based studio specializes in nostalgic, historically produced photographs, like old school chemical processing on metal plates. It looks pretty awesome.

I'm genuinely impressed by the creativity that Toronto has to offer, and I loved that it was showcased in one accessible area.

There is more to come later this week. I've got dead roadkill to show you. It is as crazy and way more awesome than it sounds.

Jen.

3 comments:

  1. Great things! I hope you managed to take a peek at my booth too? Look forward to seeing more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tiff: thanks =)
    @alison: part two has been just posted.

    ReplyDelete