Saturday, September 8, 2012

fire engine red nails


I had a manicure done at the very luxurious Elmwood Spa with a girlfriend. The reason why I bring this up is two fold:

1. I thought spending 45 minutes on your nails is utter madness. That's like how long it takes to cook a good meal for three people, two episodes of community, or one (shorter?) night of passion. What could you possibly be doing for 45 min to your nails? But it's actually quite relaxing, with a lot of great smelling oils, cleaning of the cuticles, massage and other nice things.

2. My girlfriend and I arrived 10 minutes late, and we were greeted by an aesthetician who was like 'Mmmmhmmm, you were suppose to come at 6:15. It is not 6:15 any more.' I apologized, and she was like 'Mmmmhmmmm...that's okay...'. There is no need to mention what culture this sass is derived from. No need.

Apparently, the aesthetician was not feeling well, and boy, I know I can't wait to get out of work asap on a Friday. No job is really that different, even if you're suppose to pamper people. But just saying, it is very nice spa and it could've been just passive-aggressively brushed under the rug.

ps. Also, the bright red color (above, that's me) is outside of my usual choices. Yay?
Left: North American Soup Drinker stance. Right: British stiff-pinky stance


No comments:

Post a Comment