Saturday, September 1, 2012

indie is trendy - the end of summer fashion



As the Exhibition Centre opens, and stores roll out their burgundy and forest green-themed clothes, it's clear summer is coming to an end. For me, one of the best things about summer is to basically, wearing comfortable clothes (... aka as little as possible.) Colors, light fabrics, skin, and everyone looking happier makes the best cityscape for Toronto.

I think it's funny when old becomes new (like the 'vintage' is the new 'indie' which also becomes mainstream.) For me, the trendiness of Kensington Market beats Yorkville or even Queen West any day. Fashion looks comfortable, wearable, and low maintenance away from the rigours of high heels and perfectly pressed shirts.

Below are a few snapshots from Kensington (and one from Harbourfront) of looks strictly for summer before we put on our coats and scarves:



2 comments:

  1. Jenn, from the day I met you in stats class and you knew what 'Cat's Cradle' was, I knew you had brilliant taste and this post goes to show. I adore Kensington!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those orange pants. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete